Saturday 16 March 2013

Steampunk tag

I love the steampunk look but have never really "gone for it". I think I have with this tag, I have used gesso and distress inks to cover a piece of card which I then stamped some words on to. To make the top and bottom I used a Splodgeaway cog mask and some black card which I then painted with black acrylic and rubbed with inka gold I cut some cogs out of hand made paper and again painted and inks golded them. I cut out the pocket watch using cream card and x cut dies. I then coloured each element using my spectrum pens and a gold pen. I triple embossed the gold parts and put acetate as the glass part. The wings were made using a butterfly die which i painted again in black acrylic and covered with black glitter Using chain, charms and some glossy accents to embellish further...
I don't think I have used so many techniques on one project before, I hope you like it x





2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful and perfect for the challenge
    thank you for joining the challenge at steampunk junkies this month hope to see you next month too!
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete